Further update from SARBN - Snowy Sheathbill

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 7, 2022, 4:48:19 AM6/7/22
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

Just a further update on the SNOWY SHEATHBILL for those who are still planning on trying to see it…

It flew off from Kalk Bay harbour just before 8am this morning and disappeared from view. Birders searched for it all along the coast, but could not relocate it. However, news came through about 30 mins ago that it was then on the African Shark Eco-Charters boat out at Seal Island in False Bay which is where it currently still seems to be. So, unless you can find a good vantage point and have a strong scope to look out that way and try and see it on the boat, it may be tough to connect with the bird at the moment. More news as and when I receive it…

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 7, 2022, 7:42:42 AM6/7/22
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

It seems that our SNOWY SHEATHBILL has been having fun touring all over False Bay this morning, but has just arrived back in Kalk Bay harbour a few minutes ago – reported by Dennis and Gigi Laidler.

Kind regards

Trevor