SARBN: Listing Clubs

Trevor Hardaker

Dec 11, 2019, 12:43:13 AM12/11/19
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

Morning SARBN subscribers,

A lot of birders have been sending me their updated totals and asking when all the various listing clubs hosted on www.zestforbirds.co.za are going to be updated. I know I’ve been a little tardy in doing this and I apologise for that, but it’s just difficult to find the time to keep up with everything…;)

Anyway, I have decided that I will make an effort to do a thorough update of all the listing clubs over the weekend (it might only be completed early next week though) so, to that end, for those that have not yet done so, please could you all send me your latest totals for the various listing clubs by the end of Friday, so that I can then use those to update the website.

I have attached the latest version of the Southern African checklist (version 09) again for those that don’t have it and this is the list that should be used to count up your totals on. The only additional bird not yet included on this list is Saunders’s Tern which you can add to your total if you did get to see it. There are also some Francolin/Spurfowl splits based on recently published papers, but we’ll wait for those to appear on the IOC world list before including them on the subregion list. At least it will be a few armchair ticks to look forward to in the future…;)

So, if you qualify for any of the listing clubs (Southern African, various provinces, Kruger, etc.), please send through your totals to me (I just need your totals and where you are from) and then I will get cracking on the updates.

For potentially new listing club members, you are welcome to pop through to www.zestforbirds.co.za and then click on “listing” in the left margin to see what this is all about. The numbers are out of date though, but you’ll get an idea of the various listing clubs and the minimum threshold totals to qualify for each one, so you can then send me your various qualifying totals accordingly.

Please email your totals to me at hard...@mweb.co.za, rather than sending them to me in any other way. That way, I can at least keep them all in the same place…

Looking forward to seeing how many of your lists have grown in recent times and also to welcome a whole lot of new members on to the various listing clubs as well.

Kind regards

Trevor

SA list - ver 09 - 20190706.xls