MEGA ALERT from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 16, 2024, 6:25:29 AMJun 16
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

What appears to be a EUROPEAN PIED FLYCATCHER has just been found and photographed at Ruzawi School in Marondera (Zimbabwe) at -18.235, 31.557. Unfortunately, due to other commitments, the observer has had to leave the site already. The available photos have already been sent overseas and confirmation of the species has been received back from 2 people already. However, if there are any locals that can get out there today armed with cameras to get further photos of this bird, that would certainly be helpful – reported by Jonathan Francis.

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 18, 2024, 3:34:06 PMJun 18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
(AMERICAN) PURPLE GALLINULE - I've just received news that an old immature bird was seen and photographed on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday along the boardwalk to the Malachite Kingfisher hide in Wilderness (Western Cape). No idea if the bird is still around or not - reported by Aiden McGivern.

Kind regards
Trevor

Get BlueMail for Android

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 24, 2024, 10:22:48 AMJun 24
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

TEMMINCK’S STINT – I’ve just received an email with photos of a bird seen yesterday morning at Pan 7 in Port Elizabeth at -33.873, 25.602. This is a real mega for Southern Africa. I don’t know the area well, but have heard of possible security issues around there in the past, so please take care if visiting the area, or go in groups – reported by Carin Malan.

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jul 3, 2024, 2:44:00 AM (13 days ago) Jul 3
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

LESSER WHITETHROAT – what appears to be this species was seen and photographed at Mosaic Lagoon Lodge near Stanford (Western Cape) yesterday. I have only seen back of camera shots so far, and am hoping to get copies of the original photos at some point. I’m also not sure what access to the site is going to be like, since this is private property. More details as and when I receive them – reported by Sean Hartnett.

Kind regards

Trevor