Updates from SARBN

Garret Skead

Dec 26, 2020, 2:20:28 AM12/26/20
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
MADAGASCAN CUCKOO present at the same area in Hluhluwe Game Reaerve currently.
Reported by a group of birders on site.

BROAD-BILLED SANDPIPER currently on view at Geelbek hide, West Coast National Park, Western Cape.
Reported by Justin Nicolau

Kind regards
Garret

Garret Skead

Dec 31, 2020, 5:03:02 AM12/31/20
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
BAIRD’S SANDPIPER, LESSER SAND PLOVER and RED-NECKED PHALAROPE all present currently on S2 at Strandfontein. Reported by Martin Vleggaar.

On another topic, a few people have asked me for updates on Striped Crake sightings in the Kruger National Park. Please note that I have not received anything further since the bird reported on 26 Dec by Dylan Vasapolli at Punda Maria. If I receive any updates on Striped Crakes (excluding well known sites such as the Harare dambos), I will send out an email.

Kind regards
Garret

Garret Skead

Jan 9, 2021, 12:17:06 PMJan 9
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
SOOTY GULL on beach at Kei mouth on north bank, close to tern roost this afternoon.
BROAD-BILLED and PECTORAL SANDPIPERS also still present at the same locations as previously reported.
Reported by Pierre Hensburg.

BAIRD’S SANDPIPER was still at Strandfontein, roosting on S5 this morning at 11am. Reported by Al Kilpin.

SLATY EGRET: a bird was found and photographed yesterday near Sasolburg in the Free State, at -26.848, 27.818. Reported by Dawie Kleynhans.

GULL-BILLED TERN seen again today at Nibela, KZN, reported by Zach Simpson, and SOOTY TERN present today at St Lucia on Maphelane side, reported by Ian Gordon.

Kind regards
Garret

Garret Skead

Jan 11, 2021, 2:37:18 AMJan 11
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
SOOTY GULL is still present at Kei Mouth currently.
BROAD-BILLED SANDPIPER is also there, near the orange Trennerys sign.
Reported by Etienne Marais.

PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVER also seen at Hamburg this morning at approximately -33.281, 27.478.
Reported by Dylan Weyer.

Kind regards
Garret