$80 Small Wood Lathe - Harbor Freight.

Mike Ernst

Dec 10, 2017, 2:31:26 AM12/10/17
to 10BitWorks Makerspace
I'd be willing to chip in if others would be down to help out. It's on sale right now. Not very big but it would be great for some smaller projects.

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-x-12-inch-bench-top-wood-lathe-95607.html

Randy Ohman

Dec 10, 2017, 3:52:41 PM12/10/17
to 10BitWorks Makerspace
I attach a coupon that is good today for an extra 5% over the typical (so $60) if you are going to go for it.

Many call this a 'pen lathe,' made popular by those turning exotic wood pen barrels.

Alternatively, I have a bigger one I am willing to loan the space (representative image attached). If interested, check with the board of directors to see if that's something they approve of.
25off_fd.jpg
1435140353964a woodlathe.jpg

Randy Ohman

Dec 10, 2017, 6:57:39 PM12/10/17
to 10BitWorks Makerspace
The 25% is now gone for the time being but be sure to get one of the regular 20% off in your in-the-mail coupon bundles.

Mike Ernst

Dec 10, 2017, 7:36:25 PM12/10/17
to 10BitWorks Makerspace
The lathe listed is on sale so a coupon wont work.

Mike Ernst

Dec 10, 2017, 7:37:30 PM12/10/17
to 10BitWorks Makerspace
on clearance*

Randy Ohman

Dec 10, 2017, 8:48:11 PM12/10/17
to 10BitWorks Makerspace on behalf of Mike Ernst
Actually, unless it is a some unique instance, I think it would work. All their tools are continually "on clearance" or part of a "tool disposal." The only items the coupons do not apply to are the ones specifically on ad coupons. Occasionally it pays, and is possible, to use a %-off coupon instead of the advertised coupon for a better deal.