Women-in-Ultimate connections in SA - linking more women into the mailing list for synergies

Marlise Richter

Jul 28, 2022, 9:31:46 AM7/28/22
to sa-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

A Google Group (yes - some might remember this Google functionality from yesteryear) was started in 2013 to link women in Ultimate in SA together.   We currently have 180 members.  But many women and regions are missing.

With Open and Women's Nationals 2022 looming, we would love to connect more women  to see how we can get the max no of teams to participate in Nationals - there may be half teams who would like to combine with others etc etc.

The more teams, the more fun, the more women playing and the more women attracted (and addicted!) to Ultimate.

Please forward this email to others in your circle and ask them to sign up so that we can all chat together.

You can sign up on the Google Groups below, or DM me (marlise...@gmail.com) and I will add you.
:-)

To post to this group, send email to
sa-disc...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/g/sa-disc-ladies

From: Marlise Richter <marlise...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 at 10:20
To: SA Disc Ladies <sa-disc-lad...@googlegroups.com>

Hello Everyone (If you want to unsub from this mailing list, scroll to the bottom and do so easily by following the directions.)

I hope everyone is keeping safe during these trying times.

A somewhat dusty reminder that this is a mailing list connecting Women-in-Ultimate in South Africa (current membership 180+)

Email may be a bit dated with comms, but we also have a FB Group that any member can post on, so please join and get those posts flying.
Please get more people to sign up and let's get some conversations about Women's Nationals 2021 going!

Some quick things:
  • Here is the FB  - please become a member, encourage others and post the cool things that are happening your side: https://www.facebook.com/groups/993872327289517/about  The photos are dated so please DM me so that I can make you an Admin if you want to spruce up!
  • Encourage your players to sign-up here and check out the archives of the cool things that have happened to grow Women's Ultimate: https://groups.google.com/g/sa-disc-ladies
  • Our archive (see below) of women's events (esp who has taken the trophy at which Women's Nationals) needs updating from 2015+  - DM me if you know 2016-2019's deets

:-)
Marlise

From: Marlise Richter <marlise...@gmail.com>
Date: 19 April 2015 at 09:41
Subject: Meeting at Nationals 2015: Women in SA Ultimate
To: "saf...@googlegroups.com" <saf...@googlegroups.com>

SAFDA, CTFDA and BUF are co-hosting a feedback and strategy meeting on how we can support and develop female players in Ultimate - see flyer below.

Agenda:
  • Welcome and background  - Ros Dredge and Marlise Richter
  • Open Forum on women's experiences in Ultimate - how has the WFDF Gender rule impacted on your own playing experience and that of your club?  How are the different regions doing in terms of ladies numbers?. Brainstorming on how we can support women in Ultimate in SA - attracting new female players and support existing players - All
  • The SA Women's team for London 2016 - bid by Anna Coussens and Taryn Morris
  • Women's Nationals in Aug - input by Anna
  • Planning activities for  Women's Ultimate Weekend - 27-28 June 2015 - http://internationalwomenweekend.jimdo.com/  - Marlise
  • Fundraising opportunities for Women's development - All
Please RSVP: marlise...@gmail.com

Inline images 1

ReplyForward