Ultimate and periods.

Taryn Morris

Apr 10, 2017, 3:34:43 AM4/10/17
to sa-disc...@googlegroups.com, ctultim...@googlegroups.com

Dear women of SA ultimate,

Recently a conversation about periods and being a female athlete sparked up here in Cape Town.

The reason it started was because Eliza a young, incredible up and comer from Chilli started spreading the word about menstrual cups.
Fed up with the waste of pads and tampons she linked up with MPower cups, menstrual cups locally made in Cape Town http://mpowercup.co.za/.

From this two things have happened:

1) I put together some of the comments and thoughts in a little article (attached) to start spreading the open conversation about being a woman athlete

2) Through Eliza’s link we are able to offer female ultimate players the chance to order an Mpower cup at a reduced price of R200 (which includes R25 towards sponsoring a cup for someone who can not afford it)

They come in 2 sizes for light and standard flows (check out the website for more info - although apparently is more for younger teens)

If you would like to order one FOR US TO BRING TO NATIONALS, please do so here:
and deposit the money with your name and Mcup as the reference. (e.g. TarynMorris_Mcup) into:
Taryn Morris
Capitec Bank
Account number: 1299800031
Account type: Savings
Branch code: 470010 / Branch name: Mowbray

Order forms and payments must be completed before Fri 21st April.

Yours in ultimate and female celebration
Taryn

Ultimate.Period-Final.pdf
image.png