Coming to OWN2022 - medley team?

1 view

Marlise Richter

Sep 6, 2022, 5:18:35 AM9/6/22
to sa-disc...@googlegroups.com, Lycia Hollis
Dear All

I hope you are keeping well?

Open and Women's Nationals is being held in CT in the first weekend of Oct and we currently have 5 Women's teams entered.  It would be awesome to see more Women's Teams and build Women's Ultimate and players in this way!

I am aware that Gauteng is sending a combined team (Thanks Sally and co!) and I am reaching out to hear if there is any interest in other regions of sending a team/s - perhaps as a combined team?

The TOC is putting together an awesome tournament and it is going to be a lot of fun.

There is also some financial support available through the TOC (deadline for applications this Friday - email Lycia at lyci...@gmail.com) and the Bafazi Development Fund (applications here - deadline 14 Sept).

Hope to many of you in sunny CT!

:-)

Asanda Jonga

Sep 6, 2022, 11:24:00 AM9/6/22
to Marlise Richter, Lycia Hollis, sa-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marlise and Lycia
Hope this finds you well.So sorry been terrible at responding to your very helpful emails.My tiny human keeping me busy these days.Yes there’s interest from 2 of our ladies and they are looking for a team also as there’s none going from our region.
Thanks so much for these funding offers to people who need it.These ladies would have not even bothered showing interest without these funding offers as they wouldn’t afford coming to Womans  as they all saving up for Roktober that our team is attending.So one of these ladies is more experienced then the other is new but have played with us for atleast half the year but she’s never been to any of the tournaments so she’s pretty fresh.
Let me know if there’s teams that would like to have them then I can get you guys in touch
I will ask them to get the funding application going as soon as there’s teams available for them
Thanks again
Asa