Comments invited on Bafazi Development Fund - deadline 15 Sept

1 view

Marlise Richter

Aug 15, 2022, 4:39:08 AM8/15/22
to sa-disc...@googlegroups.com, Bafazi Development Fund

image.png

Background

The Bafazi Development Fund was established by the first South African Women’s Team to a World Ultimate Championship - London 2016.  Team Bafazi Bafazi did so to promote and support the inclusive development of women in disc sports and to remove financial barriers to doing so.

Since its establishment in 2016, it has supported the participation of female players at various SA Nationals, All African Ultimate Championships, face-to-face workshops and coaching clinics on women coaching and captaining, and some of the travel costs of South Africa’s first female coach in a Mixed Division to the under-24 Champions with South Africa’s Wild Dogs team in 2019.

The specific aims of the Fund are to:
  • *Increase the diversity (socio-economic, racial and geographic) of female ultimate players;
  • *Increase participation of female ultimate players;
  • *Develop female athletes, coaches and leaders
  • *Increase the profile of female players
  • *Generate discussion and critical thinking about Ultimate and gender and race.

 Post-Covid, we would like to rejuvenate the Fund, its fundraising and expand its reach and objectives.

We are inviting input, comments and ideas of the SA Ultimate community and further afield to generate a sound proposal and budget that can support the participation of women of colour in Ultimate in SA.

Please comment here - we would love your wisdom