hello? s5 with table of contents?

maphew

Aug 19, 2010, 3:17:08 PM8/19/10
to S5 Project
umm, hello? is this project alive or just an idea?

I'm seeking ways to make s5 with a table of contents and the current
slide highlighted. Has anyone done this? The desired outcome is
something like this:
http://www.3dtree.com/ev/e/sbooks/leo/Leo/Examples/Books/B6_Screenbook_Maker_XSLT/sbframetoc.htm?f=slide01.htm

thanks.

Scott Reynen

Aug 22, 2010, 6:12:18 AM8/22/10
to s5pr...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 19, 2010, at 1:17 PM, maphew wrote:

> umm, hello?

Hi!

> is this project alive or just an idea?

Somewhere in between? I just reactivated the domain last week, so there's not much going on yet, but my goal is to re-enliven the project.

> I'm seeking ways to make s5 with a table of contents and the current
> slide highlighted. Has anyone done this? The desired outcome is
> something like this:
> http://www.3dtree.com/ev/e/sbooks/leo/Leo/Examples/Books/B6_Screenbook_Maker_XSLT/sbframetoc.htm?f=slide01.htm

That seems like a good idea, but I think it may be a little beyond what we're ready to do with S5 any time soon. Some basic questions I'm hoping to answer first:

- What should S5 markup look like today? Should it make use of HTML5? Microformats? RDFa?
- Can we get S5 markup producers to agree on a standard for markup?
- Can we establish a test suite to validate S5 markup?
- Could we maintain a central registry of S5 themes around S5 markup?
- What should the standard S5 JavaScript look like today? Should it make use of something like jQuery or Prototype?
- Could it include hooks for extensible functionality, e.g. table of contents? Could we maintain a central registry of plugins?

So while I hope to turn S5 into something that can easily include a table of contents, I don't think it's ready just yet.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com

Thomas K

Aug 28, 2010, 6:13:19 PM8/28/10
to S5 Project
As to HTML5, take a look at Google's presentation about (and using)
HTML5: http://slides.html5rocks.com/

That's done in about 300 lines of javascript, included in the page
apparently without any name or fanfare. The file is under an Apache
license.

Thomas