hi everbody i have some questions about s4 zookeeper

baojian Zhou

May 23, 2013, 9:31:07 PM5/23/13
to s4-pr...@googlegroups.com
hi everybody
i am a newbie for s4. and when i ran a simple application in s4 i got some problems. here are these problems:
1. when i used the command zkServer as:
[s4@node8 apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src]$ ./s4 zkServer -clean
it displayed the following error:
 Cannot initialize zookeeper with specified configuration
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Zookeeper port 2181 was already in use. Running in single machine mode?

2. when i got above problem i knew that i had started a zookeeper server in this machine and used the port 2181; so i thought the first step could be omitted,because i had started a zookeeper server on the node8. then i used the next command :
[s4@node8 apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src]$ ./s4 newCluster -c=cluster1 -flp=12000 -nbTasks=2 -zk=node3:2181
i want to use the other machine node3
17:39:49.953 [main] ERROR org.apache.s4.tools.DefineCluster - Cannot initialize zookeeper with specified configuration
org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkNodeExistsException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode = NodeExists for /s4/clusters/cluster1/tasks/Task-0

3. so i wondering how can i run the application in my own zookeeper cluster( actually node8 and node3 on the same zookeeper cluster), i had found that the zkServer.java just a test class, can you help me to explain how can i run a application in one more machines?
thanks a lot