[S4 0.4] Propery way of getting events into S4. Client adapter?

A K

Apr 25, 2012, 4:20:59 PM4/25/12
to s4-pr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wanted to ask about the correct way of getting events into S4.

In 0.4 a Client Adapter has been introduced with API for python, perl, and java. However in the docs, it has been mentioned that "It is recommended that the events dispatched to the adapter be kept to a minimum. I.e. do not dispatch events to the adapter by default; do so only if required."

So I wanted to know then, what would be the way to send events into the S4 cluster? Should I implement my own Adapter?

Thanks

Raghavendar TS

Jun 29, 2012, 1:37:06 AM6/29/12
to s4-pr...@googlegroups.com
Even i have the same doubt.also it says the cluster needs to be restared

"It is recommended that the events dispatched to the adapter be kept to a minimum. I.e. do not dispatch events to the adapter by default; do so only if required.

Currently, changing dispatching requires the S4 cluster to be restarted. So care must be taken to make this decision."

i have a java client for receiving events from s4.but the client waits infinitely for the events.the s4 is dispatching.but client not receiving.do u know where the problem is?