Enforce python3 version?

rabidmuta...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2024, 2:42:21 AMApr 18
to s3ql
This is a little sad, but my host has pythion3.6 as the default python, and I use python3.11 for the build.

However, all of the build scripts use `#$! ...  python3` which starts 3.6.

Is there any way that I can get the build process to either set he python version in the "#!" for each file (3.11) or use the python version it was built with?

Otherwise, I guess I just edit all the python files in bin/, but that seems like a bad solution.

Nikolaus Rath

Apr 18, 2024, 4:36:31 AMApr 18
to noreply-spamdigest via s3ql
Hello,

Which "build scripts" do you mean? You can just call "python3.x setup.py [...]“ explicitly, and the files that this installs should use the same interpreter automatically.

Best,
Nikolaus

rabidmuta...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2024, 5:00:30 AMApr 18
to s3ql
"python3.11 setup.py [...]“  is exactly what I do, but the built files in bin/ have:
```
~/s3ql/s3ql-5.1.3 # egrep "^#!" bin/*
bin/fsck.s3ql:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/mkfs.s3ql:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/mount.s3ql:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3ql_oauth_client:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3ql_verify:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3qladm:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3qlcp:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3qlctrl:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3qllock:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3qlrm:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/s3qlstat:#!/usr/bin/env python3
bin/umount.s3ql:#!/usr/bin/env python3
```

Nikolaus Rath

Apr 18, 2024, 6:57:07 AMApr 18
to noreply-spamdigest via s3ql
Hi,

The files in bin/ are not build at all, they're static. Run setup.py install instead.

Best,
Nikolaus