Problems mounting upgraded filesystem

Xomex

Jul 16, 2023, 12:13:15 AM7/16/23
to s3ql
I've happily been using s3ql for many years and across many versions. With backends currently on Amazon, Wasabi, and Google, using s3://  s3c:// and gs://
With the recent release of V5.0.0 I upgraded all the backend filesystems according to the docs. This seemed to go smoothly although my internet has been a bit flaky lately.

Now, I can't mout the upgraded filesystems getting the dreaded:
"ERROR: File system revision too old, please run `s3qladm upgrade` first."

fsck.s3ql --force works fine on all systems, takes a while but completes without error.

What's the most likely problem here and how to fix it? Is it possible the something local is stale or didnt get completed in the filesystem upgrade?

Appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

Nikolaus Rath

Jul 16, 2023, 4:13:06 AM7/16/23
to noreply-spamdigest via s3ql
Hi,

Thanks for the report! A few questions:

  • Does it work if you try with a different (empty) cache directory?
  • Can you reproduce the problem with a new filesystem (created with a previous release)?

Best,
Nikolaus

Xomex

Jul 16, 2023, 11:21:49 PM7/16/23
to s3ql
Yes, mounting with a new (empty) cachdir downloaded new healthy metadata and solved all problems.
Thanks again for the timely assistance :-)