Issue 443 in s3fs: kernel: s3fs[16432]: segfault

s3...@googlecode.com

Oct 7, 2014, 11:33:55 AM10/7/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 443 by deepart...@gmail.com: kernel: s3fs[16432]: segfault
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=443

Detailed description of observed behavior:

Hi,

We're running S3FS 1.74 in debug mode.

pkg-config --modversion fuse = 2.8.3

uname -a = 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64

CentOS release 6.5

s3fs <s3 bucket> /mnt/xxx/ -o multireq_max=5 -d

It is segfaulting every night around the same time.

Here's the syslog output at the point where it segfaults :

s3fs: Body Text:
s3fs: name is file or subdir in dir. but continue.
s3fs: failed to read(remaining: 4 code: 28 msg: Timeout was reached), so
retry this.
s3fs: Over retry count(3) limit(/xxx/xxx/xxx.example).
kernel: s3fs[16432]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000423649 sp 00007f2977ffe8d0
error 4 in s3fs[400000+51000]

Any help would be very welcome to solve this issue.

What steps will reproduce the problem - please be very specific and
detailed. (if the developers cannot reproduce the issue, then it is
unlikely a fix will be found)?

The following information is very important in order to help us to help
you. Omission of the following details may delay your support request or
receive no attention at all.
Version of s3fs being used (s3fs --version):

Version of fuse being used (pkg-config --modversion fuse):

System information (uname -a):

Distro (cat /etc/issue):

s3fs command line used (if applicable):

/etc/fstab entry (if applicable):

s3fs syslog messages (grep s3fs /var/log/syslog):

issue notifications to this address.

s3...@googlecode.com

Oct 7, 2014, 12:32:25 PM10/7/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 443 by deepart...@gmail.com: kernel: s3fs[16432]:
segfault
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=443

I'm now testing version V1.78 first to see if this solves our issue.

s3...@googlecode.com

Oct 8, 2014, 4:38:46 AM10/8/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 443 by deepart...@gmail.com: kernel: s3fs[16432]:
segfault
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=443

good news, looks like it has been solved in version V1.78

s3...@googlecode.com

Oct 13, 2014, 9:54:58 AM10/13/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 443 by ggta...@gmail.com: kernel: s3fs[16432]: segfault
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=443

HI deeparture

I'm sorry for late reply.
If you have a problem about s3fs v1.78, please post new issue on Github.
(I closed this issue.)

Thanks in your help.