Issue 436 in s3fs: Mounting S3FS over NFS Client

s3...@googlecode.com

Jul 11, 2014, 8:40:55 AM7/11/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 436 by samudh...@gmail.com: Mounting S3FS over NFS Client
http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=436

I have the Machine with ubuntu 12.4 version operating system. I have
installed NFS-ganesha 0.99 on that. Also i have S3FS account in aws. I can
mount the s3fs bucket in the following path in the machine,

/home/labuser/s3fs-sample

Now i can able to do all the operations on the bucket. Now i want to export
the above path to the NFS client using the NFS ganesha server. Is it
possible to export. If i can, please let me know the details.

Note :

I have tested the NFS-ganesha separately with exporting normal path to
the NFS-client and it is working fine.

The following information is very important in order to help us to help
you. Omission of the following details may delay your support request or
receive no attention at all.
Version of s3fs being used (s3fs --version):

Version of fuse being used (pkg-config --modversion fuse):

System information (uname -a):

Distro (cat /etc/issue):

s3fs command line used (if applicable):

/etc/fstab entry (if applicable):

s3fs syslog messages (grep s3fs /var/log/syslog):

issue notifications to this address.

s3...@googlecode.com

Jul 12, 2014, 1:41:24 PM7/12/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 436 by ggta...@gmail.com: Mounting S3FS over NFS Client
http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=436

Hi samudhira

I do not have ever been tried to share s3fs mount point as NFS server, yet.

I think that it maybe able to do, but it has some care.
So s3fs(fuse) runs on user but NFS deamon runs on root user, etc..

We moved s3fs project to Github(https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse).
If you can, please post this issue to Github issue.
It maybe help your question by someone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

s3...@googlecode.com

Sep 18, 2014, 3:59:54 AM9/18/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 436 by s.bong...@gmail.com: Mounting S3FS over NFS
Client
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=436

Hi all

I tried to share some file-system mount point as NFS server in CentOS 6.3
That's my file-system using the fuse like s3fs.

I could use my mount point as NFS server after add "fsid=0" options
at "/etc/exports"
"/mnt/kfs 127.0.0.1(ro,fsid=0,no_root_squash) "

Could you try it?

Good Luck

s3...@googlecode.com

Feb 7, 2015, 10:27:32 AM2/7/15
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 436 by ggta...@gmail.com: Mounting S3FS over NFS Client
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=436

Hi all
If you have been having this problem yet, please post new issue on
Github(https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse).
And please try to use latest version or master branch on Github,
I'm going to close this issue.

Regards,