Issue 445 in s3fs: Fine tuning S3FS

s3...@googlecode.com

Nov 17, 2014, 1:35:15 AM11/17/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Support Priority-Medium

New issue 445 by psantos...@gmail.com: Fine tuning S3FS
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=445

Detailed description of support request:
Hi Team,

Currently I am using 1.74 version. When I am executing the commands on S3
bucket mount I found that it is very slow. I have tried to change the file
and directory permission and other one is listing the files from the S3
bucket folder.

Could you please let me know how we can fine tune these kind of operations.

Regards,
Santosh
+91-9866968218

The following information is very important in order to help us to help
you. Omission of the following details may delay your support request or
receive no attention at all.
Version of s3fs being used (s3fs --version):

Version of fuse being used (pkg-config --modversion fuse):

System information (uname -a):

Distro (cat /etc/issue):

s3fs command line used (if applicable):

/etc/fstab entry (if applicable):

s3fs syslog messages (grep s3fs /var/log/syslog):

issue notifications to this address.

s3...@googlecode.com

Nov 17, 2014, 1:48:22 AM11/17/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 445 by psantos...@gmail.com: Fine tuning S3FS
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=445

Version of s3fs being used (s3fs --version): 1.74

Version of fuse being used (pkg-config --modversion fuse):

System information (uname -a): Linux 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64

Distro (cat /etc/issue): Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5
(Santiago)

s3fs command line used (if applicable): file permission change to a file
and folder

/etc/fstab entry (if applicable): s3fs#jee-nonprd-s3 /app/data/s3 fuse
allow_other,use_cache=tmp 0 0

s3...@googlecode.com

Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:15 AM11/17/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 445 by ggta...@gmail.com: Fine tuning S3FS
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=445

Hi,

s3fs project is moved to Github(https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse),
and latest version is v1.78.

Maybe, some option( multireq_max, enable_noobj_cache, max_stat_cache_size,
parallel_count ) helps your problem.
Please check man page or documents.

* I closed this issue, if you have more problem(about options etc...),
please see github and post issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.