Issue 432 in s3fs: FreeBSD issues

s3...@googlecode.com

Jun 18, 2014, 8:40:35 AM6/18/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 432 by just2reg...@gmail.com: FreeBSD issues
http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=432

Detailed description of observed behavior:

I'm working with several FreeBSD servers installed on Amazon instances, now
I'm trying to mount some S3 buckets using the fuse-s3fs package, it somehow
works but I have several issues:

1. For some reason, the reported available space is 8Gb (I don't know where
that amount came from, S3 is supposed to have unlimited space (although I
realise that some specific size must be defined), anyway, I found that I
can't store more than 5Gb on the mounted filesystem, anybody knows why?
also, how can I overcome this limitation?

2. To mount the S3 bucket, I did this:

s3fs <bucket-name> /mnt -ouse_cache=/tmp,allow_other

when I execute 'df -h' I see this:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ada0a 9.7G 9.7G -788M 109% /
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
/dev/xbd5p1 29G 5.5G 21G 21% /usr/local/www
df: File system /mnt does not have a block size, assuming 512.
/dev/fuse 8.0G 0B 8.0G 0% /mnt

You can see the / has 109% ! It seems the space used in S3 is counted as
space used in /, I guess I'm doing something wrong when mounting the
filesystem, anybody know what?

What steps will reproduce the problem - please be very specific and
detailed. (if the developers cannot reproduce the issue, then it is
unlikely a fix will be found)?

The following information is very important in order to help us to help
you. Omission of the following details may delay your support request or
receive no attention at all.
Version of s3fs being used (s3fs --version):

Version of fuse being used (pkg-config --modversion fuse):

System information (uname -a):

Distro (cat /etc/issue):

s3fs command line used (if applicable):

/etc/fstab entry (if applicable):

s3fs syslog messages (grep s3fs /var/log/syslog):

issue notifications to this address.

s3...@googlecode.com

Jun 18, 2014, 8:44:36 AM6/18/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 432 by just2reg...@gmail.com: FreeBSD issues
http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=432

I forgot to add the information about the installation, here it is:

# s3fs --version
Amazon Simple Storage Service File System 1.71
Copyright (C) 2010 Randy Rizun <rri...@gmail.com>
License GPL2: GNU GPL version 2 <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
root@www1:~ #

root@www1:~ # pkg info | grep fuse
fusefs-libs-2.9.3_2 FUSE allows filesystem implementation in
userspace
fusefs-s3fs-1.71_2 FUSE-based file system backed by Amazon S3

# uname -a
FreeBSD www1 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan 16
22:34:59 UTC 2014 ro...@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

s3...@googlecode.com

Jun 20, 2014, 11:50:02 AM6/20/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 432 by ggta...@gmail.com: FreeBSD issues
http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=432

Hi

I think you should upgrade s3fs version.
The latest version on Github(https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse), the
latest s3fs version is 1.77.

Please rebuild s3fs v1.77(or master branch's code), and run it for testing.

Thanks in advance in your help.

s3...@googlecode.com

Jun 23, 2014, 8:37:30 PM6/23/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 432 by just2reg...@gmail.com: FreeBSD issues
http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=432

the latest code does not compile on FreeBSD:

openssl_auth.cpp:97:10: error: static_cast from 'pthread_t' (aka 'pthread
*') to 'unsigned long' is not allowed
return static_cast<unsigned long>(pthread_self());

s3...@googlecode.com

Oct 16, 2014, 4:46:08 AM10/16/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 432 by marcoleu...@gmail.com: FreeBSD issues
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=432

I got this issue also on FreeBSD

s3...@googlecode.com

Oct 21, 2014, 11:02:06 AM10/21/14
to s3fs-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 432 by ggta...@gmail.com: FreeBSD issues
https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/issues/detail?id=432

Hi, all

I updated master branch on GitHub.
Please try to use it, and if you find bugs please post new issue on Github.

Regards,