S2PLOT v2.4 beta

David Barnes

Sep 8, 2008, 10:49:50 PM9/8/08
to S2PLOT
Hi all,

version 2.4 of S2PLOT is now being made available to members of the
S2PLOT Google Group. It is a test/beta version, and I would
appreciate any comments or notification of bugs evident at this stage,
prior to a more general release.

Please visit the "Files" section of the group, read ENVIRONMENT.TXT to
see which architecture(s) you want, and then download the base +
architecture(s) files. Alternatively you may fetch the "all" file
which contains all six builds.

The 64-bit builds (darwin-gnu-x86_64, linux-gnu-x86_64) require newish
compilers (4.3+) to support the OpenMP code they use. All other
builds are built on very standard installations.

The new functions are not documented on the web yet. If you
particularly want to test a new feature asap, just let me know and
I'll provide some sample code.

enjoy -

- David Barnes & Chris Fluke.

Rick Wagner

Sep 9, 2008, 12:18:11 PM9/9/08
to s2p...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

> version 2.4 of S2PLOT is now being made available to members of the
> S2PLOT Google Group. It is a test/beta version, and I would
> appreciate any comments or notification of bugs evident at this stage,
> prior to a more general release.

I've just run through all of the example functions in the
distribution--and all but one seem to be fine (PowerBook, OS X
10.4.11). The one that's failing is ss2ltt, and it's complaining
about converting the PNG file. After some poking around, I found the
files in /tmp, and the PNG looks fine to me. To verify that it's not
just my this architecture, I ran the test on an Opteron (x86_64)
server, running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Hopefully, this is still positive news, since it's not related to the
key graphics. And I'll run the tests on the server later, to cover
another platform

--Rick

== Output ==

cable:~/tmp/s2test rpwagner$ ./ss2ltt
Graphics device type (? to see list, default /S2MONO):
installing spaceballbuttonfunc
installing spaceballmotionfunc
installing spaceballrotatefunc
S2PLOT WARNING ... <s2latexture>: conversion of png to texture failed
Advisory: unable to load texture <texturise1-failed>, using 'red X'
Entering interactive mode. Shift-ESC or Shift-Q to quit.
cable:~/tmp/s2test rpwagner$

== tmp files ==

cable:/tmp/s2latex-nJsHBF rpwagner$ ls
s2plot.aux s2plot.dvi s2plot.log s2plot.tex s2plot1.png texres.txt
cable:/tmp/s2latex-nJsHBF rpwagner$ cat texres.txt
! cannot find or understand file - s2plot1.png - skipping !
cable:/tmp/s2latex-nJsHBF rpwagner$

s2plot1.png