S2PLOT and Python: volunteer?

David Barnes

Oct 7, 2008, 7:28:16 PM10/7/08
to S2PLOT
Hi all,

there seem to be a few people using the S2PLOT Python module. If you
try it against v2.4 of S2PLOT, you will find that it doesn't work
right now.

Because the S2PLOT Python module is open source, and we would rather
focus our efforts on the core S2PLOT library itself, I would like to
call for a volunteer to keep the Python module up-to-date as new
S2PLOT releases come out. It's not a particularly difficult task.
All it involves is adding new function wrappers (right now it's about
30 functions "behind" S2PLOT v2.4), and occasional modifications to
the build script/s.

The volunteer will be rewarded with an acknowledgement on the S2PLOT
web pages ... think of the glory :-)

thanks - David Barnes.

David Barnes

Oct 14, 2008, 10:46:53 PM10/14/08
to S2PLOT
Hi all, I'm pleased to say that Matthew Turk (Stanford) has offered to
look after the S2PLOT Python module.

- David.