Template s2web web page

Christie Rockwell

Oct 23, 2011, 10:56:45 AM10/23/11
to S2PLOT
I am trying to play around with the template web page, however, when I
open "index.html" and click Interact (on the image), it just says
"Downloading Geometry 0%" forever and does not do anything. Is there
something I am doing wrong?

David Barnes

Oct 23, 2011, 5:11:30 PM10/23/11
to S2PLOT
Hi Christie,

first up, have you checked that the examples here:

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/s2plot/interchange/

work in your browser / operating system / Flash version combination?
I have just checked and they still appear to work ok still.

If they work fine, then I guess you need to check that the conversion
from VRML to XML is working correctly. Is the output XML file non-
zero in size? If you examine it in a text editor, does it appear to
be well-formed?

- David.

On Oct 24, 1:56 am, Christie Rockwell <christierockw...@gmail.com>

Christie Rockwell

Oct 24, 2011, 6:40:31 AM10/24/11
to S2PLOT
Thanks! I checked to see if the examples work and they do, but how do
I check if the conversion is working? Where is the output XML file on
my computer? Is there a part of s2web that calls
Vrml97ToX3dNist_v1.0? Or do I have to write something that calls it
and makes the conversion?

David Barnes

Oct 24, 2011, 7:29:09 AM10/24/11
to S2PLOT
It sounds like you might not be following the web page instructions:

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/s2plot/index.php?title=S2PLOT:S2web

specifically the "Creating X3D and the ZIP archive" section.

- David.

On Oct 24, 9:40 pm, Christie Rockwell <christierockw...@gmail.com>

Christie Rockwell

Oct 24, 2011, 8:45:11 AM10/24/11
to S2PLOT
I downloaded the perl script and I also downloaded NIST VRLML to X3D
to my home directory. The folder s2web is also in my home directory.
I wanted to open the already created index.html (the sample provided)
just to view it. And, that is where the problem of not loading
happened. So just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, I
also have to create a X3D in another zip file? Does it matter what
the file is called so that the web page knows which file to use?

David Barnes

Oct 24, 2011, 6:04:07 PM10/24/11
to S2PLOT
Are you placing the files in a directory on your local machine and
just looking at them with a web browser? I believe s2web expects to
fetch the files from a web server, not a file-based browsing session,
so you need to put the files on a real web server, not the local
machine.

- David.

On Oct 24, 11:45 pm, Christie Rockwell <christierockw...@gmail.com>