Creating shapes from GeoJSON

Michael Brichko

Jun 1, 2020, 9:19:39 AM6/1/20
to s2geometry-io
Hi,

I would like to create S2Polyline\S2Loop\S2Polygon from GeoJSON (WGS84, edges between points are straight cartesian lines) but S2 edges are geodesics, is there an efficient\performant algorithm that can convert geodesic edges to straight cartesian lines as GeoJSON requires? Obviously, once the shape is created I want to perform set operations on it like containment and measuring distances between shapes and shapes and points. Do you think this is the correct way to go? Or should I look into other Euclidian geometry libraries, for example Boost.Geometry ?

Thank you very much !!
Michael