Support of S2Polygon in region coverer in java.

Bobby Patil

Nov 24, 2023, 3:19:14 AM11/24/23
to s2geometry-io
Hi,
I'm trying to get the S2 cell ids from S2Polygon in java. However number of cell ids I'm getting are too many for min max both level as 10 which doesn't seem correct. Does region coverer support that?

Sean McAllister

May 1, 2024, 10:12:26 AMMay 1
to s2geometry-io
Sorry this mailing list isn't well trafficked anymore, so I just saw this.   If you set both the min and max level to 10, then the coverer will have no choice but to only use level 10 cells to cover the polygon.   There's ~6 million L10 cells to cover the sphere so depending on how large your polygon is you may indeed see a lot of cells.