[Java] Possible to publish updates to Maven Central

Matthew Brady

Apr 10, 2023, 10:37:31 AM4/10/23
to s2geometry-io
Hi,

I been using the Java S2 implementation for some of the more basic functionality (area, centroid, simplification) and have found it to be really useful so far. However, I noticed that the latest Java release from Q4 2022 isn't published to Maven Central, which makes it hard to consume some of the latest functionality added (S2ClosestEdgeQuery and S2IndexingHelper/s2region_term_indexer being two of the big ones).

Does anyone on this list have permission to publish an updated release to https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.geometry/s2-geometry? It looks like the current version is from August 2021.

Thanks!
Matt

eric.loh...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2024, 11:21:23 AMApr 30
to s2geometry-io
Any updates on this?

It would be really helpful to get Q4 2022 published to Maven Central.

eric.loh...@gmail.com

May 1, 2024, 9:23:45 AMMay 1
to s2geometry-io
I'd be open to taking a crack at this, but I'm assuming someone from Google has to do it?

Is there another location where the jar files are published?

Sean McAllister

May 1, 2024, 10:09:54 AMMay 1
to s2geometry-io
I don't see why we'd be opposed to this but I'd ask on the issues page on github: https://github.com/google/s2-geometry-library-java/issues

It looks like Github has support for this: https://docs.github.com/en/actions/publishing-packages/publishing-java-packages-with-maven  so if you put together a pull request to setup the workflow I imagine we'd accept it.

Sean

eric.loh...@gmail.com

May 1, 2024, 3:17:39 PMMay 1
to s2geometry-io