Fwd: Questions about the kvm with multi core

qs Z

Apr 27, 2021, 9:48:14 PMApr 27
to s2e...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are now using s2e to do some program analysis on Linux kernel.
However, when we try to use qemu to boot the Linux kernel with -smp 2, we found that the /dev/kvm emulated by s2e seems only support one core.
(checkExtension for KVM_CAP_MAX_VCPUS returns 1 in https://github.com/S2E/libs2e/blob/master/src/s2e-kvm.cpp).
So we try to set it to 2, but we got "qemu-system-x86_64: kvm_init_vcpu failed: Permission denied" when adding the second CPU.

I'm asking whether are some solutions that can let us use -smp 2

Thanks

Vitaly Chipounov

Apr 28, 2021, 4:31:58 AMApr 28
to s2e...@googlegroups.com, qs Z