S2E supports image file input

Mukta Debnath

Jul 25, 2021, 6:15:03 AM7/25/21
to S2E Developer Forum

Hello,

Does S2E supports programs that have image files as inputs?

Regards,

Mukta Debnath

Vitaly Chipounov

Jul 25, 2021, 7:05:56 AM7/25/21
to s2e-dev
Hi,

Yes, S2E supports arbitrary binary files as inputs. Use valid images
as seeds [1] so that symbolic execution manages to get deeper into
your program.

Vitaly

[1] http://s2e.systems/docs/s2e-env.html?highlight=seed#using-seed-files
> --

Mukta Debnath

Jul 26, 2021, 6:37:08 AM7/26/21
to S2E Developer Forum
Thank you Sir. Does it supports .bmp file extension for image? I found issues using .bmp file.

Regards,

Mukta Debnath

Mukta Debnath

Jul 26, 2021, 7:10:28 AM7/26/21
to S2E Developer Forum
Screen capture of the issue with image input data.

issue.png

Vitaly Chipounov

Jul 26, 2021, 7:52:08 AM7/26/21
to s2e...@googlegroups.com, Mukta Debnath

Hi,

This is a bug in S2E. Could you please run s2e export_project and attach the archive so that I can reproduce it?

Thanks,
Vitaly

Message has been deleted

Mukta Debnath

Jul 26, 2021, 8:20:21 AM7/26/21
to S2E Developer Forum

Sure. Here is the Google Drive link of the project.

Regards,

Mukta Debnath

Vitaly Chipounov

Jul 26, 2021, 5:53:49 PM7/26/21
to s2e...@googlegroups.com, Mukta Debnath

Hi,

After looking at your screenshot, it looks like the problem is with the address here [1].
mmap() in the guest failed and the kernel returned a negative value instead of the address.
You could wrap the line in a check. If it solves the problem, please send a pull request.

Vitaly

[1] https://github.com/S2E/s2e/blob/master/libs2eplugins/src/s2e/Plugins/OSMonitors/Linux/LinuxMonitor.cpp#L175

Mukta Debnath

Aug 6, 2021, 7:05:32 AM8/6/21
to S2E Developer Forum
Thank you Sir,

If I could do this, I will let you know.