Encountered an issue in the final step of replacing GuestOS

Jay Ironman

Nov 27, 2023, 11:22:37 PM11/27/23
to S2E Developer Forum
Hi:
I have reached the final step of changing GuestOS and created a snapshot using the following command:
LD_PRELOAD=/home/iie-iisd/s2e/install/share/libs2e/libs2e-x86_64.so /home/iie-iisd/s2e/install/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -drive if=ide,index=0,file=/home/iie-iisd/s2e/images/uos-v20-x86_64/image.raw.s2e,format=s2e,cache=writeback -serial file:/home/iie-iisd/s2e/images/uos-v20-x86_64/serial_ready.txt -enable-serial-commands -net none -net nic,model=e1000  -m 4096M
But after GuestOS started, it kept getting stuck in the interface shown in the following figure:
微信截图_20231128111136.png
It indicates waiting for S2E mode, but I have introduced "LD-PRELOAD=/home/iie iisd/s2e/install/share/libs2e/libs2e x86_64. so" and have successfully replaced the kernel, as shown in the following figure:
Snipaste_2023-11-28_12-13-13.png
Since I cannot find the source code for s2ecmd or bootstrap. sh, I am unable to define the cause of this issue. I hope you can give me some ideas!
Thanks.

Jay Ironman

Nov 28, 2023, 3:08:34 AM11/28/23
to S2E Developer Forum
In addition, this is the content in my "/home/s2e" directory. PS: I installed the Linux kernel separately, so there are no deb packages related to the Linux kernel in this directory, let alone I don't think they will have any impact
图片1.png

Vitaly Chipounov

Nov 28, 2023, 7:14:35 AM11/28/23
to s2e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You need to fix the /dev/ttyS0 permission denied issue. The script is supposed to take a snapshot and close QEMU.

Vitaly

Jay Ironman

Nov 28, 2023, 8:11:15 AM11/28/23
to S2E Developer Forum
I tried it and when I used the "su" command to enter root privileges, the script was successfully executed, so GuestOS was built. However, when I used the "sudo" command, it still prompted permission issues, which must be a permission issue. However, when I checked that all the files in this directory were owned by the s2e user, why did this issue still occur? Do I have to manually enter root privileges every time I use this GuestOS?

Jay Ironman

Nov 28, 2023, 9:24:23 AM11/28/23
to S2E Developer Forum
I have solved this problem, please forgive my foolishness