Measuring Code Coverage with S2E

Mukta Debnath

Dec 9, 2020, 6:22:22 AM12/9/20
to S2E Developer Forum

Hi Mr. Vitaly,

I am using S2E to test the following program:

program.jpg
I get the following error while trying to measure the coverage:
coverage_error.jpg

Where should I keep the program file(.c file)? It seems a.info in the s2e-last folder is not getting the program file.

The vulnerability example given in the documentation is working fine for the coverage info, given below is the screen capture:

vulnerability_eg.jpg

I am sharing the project files.

a.zip

Mukta Debnath

Dec 10, 2020, 1:39:08 AM12/10/20
to S2E Developer Forum
Another point, I am using the following command to create the analysis project:

s2e new_project --image debian-9.2.1-x86_64 /home/nano/Documents/workspace/s2eworkspace/a @@ 3 5 6

then I am editing the bootstrap.sh as follows:

S2E_SYM_ARGS="1 2 3" LD_PRELOAD="${S2E_SO}" "${TARGET}" 3 5 6 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null (I want to make 1st, 2nd and 3rd arguments symbolic)

Is this the correct way?

Vitaly Chipounov

Dec 10, 2020, 6:56:12 AM12/10/20
to s2e-dev
Hi,

Did you compile your program with debug information? I can't really tell as the binary is not in the zip file. Please use s2e export_project.

Vitaly

Mukta Debnath

Dec 11, 2020, 1:57:49 AM12/11/20
to S2E Developer Forum
Thanks a lot Sir. I compiled the program with debug information and it is working now.