Encountered some issues while replacing GuestOS

Jay Ironman

Sep 19, 2023, 4:38:46 AM9/19/23
to S2E Developer Forum
Here are the steps for me to change the version of GuestOS to ubuntu20.04:
  1. Replace the content in the 'images. json' file with the relevant content of ubuntu20.04
  2. Modify the 'makefile. Linux' file and replace its contents with ubuntu20.04. Delete all relevant content related to other systems
  3. Run the 'make Linux j3' command to start compilation
But I encountered some problems:
  1. Successfully downloaded the iso image of ubuntu20.04, but only successfully. No content similar to "image. raw. s2e" appeared, which means that the "output" folder was not generated
  2. Error1->Error response from daemon: Duplicate mount point:/home/iie iisd/guest images
  3. Error 2->make: * * * [home/xxx/guest images//Makefile. Linux: 240:/home/xxx/guest images/. samples/linux-4.9.3 x86_64] Error 125, I checked line 240 of Makefile. Linux, and the content of this line is $(eval $(call TASK_SNAPSHOT, ubuntu-20.04-x86_64,)
I really don't understand why this is happening. If you have the time to help me answer it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Jay Ironman

Sep 19, 2023, 8:46:41 AM9/19/23
to S2E Developer Forum
Here is a screenshot of my runtime error:
1695127530471.jpg

Vitaly Chipounov

Sep 19, 2023, 9:34:54 AM9/19/23
to s2e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please push your changes somewhere. It's impossible to help without seeing the code.

Vitaly

Jay Ironman

Sep 19, 2023, 9:58:22 AM9/19/23
to S2E Developer Forum
I seem to have solved this problem in your article https://github.com/S2E/guest-images It should be mentioned that if s2e is built using s2e env, then the step of "Checking out the kernel repository" should no longer be performed, but the corresponding repository in the built s2e should be directly used for subsequent operations!

S2E Developer Forum

Sep 19, 2023, 11:58:45 AM9/19/23
to S2E Developer Forum
Hello,
I am about to generate an image of ubuntu20.04, but in the end, there is a problem:
a.png
I don't understand why this problem arises. Where exactly is the "deb" package it refers to? How should I obtain it?

Jay Ironman

Sep 20, 2023, 2:57:40 AM9/20/23
to S2E Developer Forum
It seems that I have already solved this problem, just delete all the content in the "images" directory, but I am still not sure why this is happening