There was a problem when I tried to change GuestOS

Jay Ironman

Oct 31, 2023, 11:06:10 PM10/31/23
to S2E Developer Forum
I have modified the Makefile and image.json files (I will upload the modified files as appendices). When I started building GuestOS, this error occurred and I really don't have any ideas. Can you help me?
{93D98835-6871-43be-A570-3D98499D8A3F}.png
Makefile
images.json

Vitaly Chipounov

Nov 1, 2023, 8:22:37 AM11/1/23
to s2e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please attach the whole makefile output. Did you check that the install disk is actually bootable?

Vitaly

On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 4:06 AM Jay Ironman <ironman...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have modified the Makefile and image.json files (I will upload the modified files as appendices). When I started building GuestOS, this error occurred and I really don't have any ideas. Can you help me?
{93D98835-6871-43be-A570-3D98499D8A3F}.png

Jay Ironman

Nov 1, 2023, 9:10:47 AM11/1/23
to S2E Developer Forum

Sorry, I have deleted it since the last build failed. I am currently rebuilding, and due to network issues, it may take some time. After I finish building this time, I will send you the latest output. Another point to note is that the testing system that encountered this issue is UOS, which you may not have heard of before, but it is not important. I am currently testing a new system called Kylin. I modified the Makefile and image.json files in the same way for this system, but the difference is that the system can be successfully booted and loaded, and has arrived at the interface for installing the system. As shown in the following figure:
{A5CBBC5D-6965-489c-AEC6-BE7369FB6A24}.png
But the problem is, it will always get stuck here and will not be automatically installed. It needs to be manually installed, which is obviously incorrect. I wonder if seed.iso was not successfully loaded? I don't have much idea, can you provide some ideas?
Oh, I almost forgot to reply to your question. These system images are all fine, and I can successfully install these systems using other virtual machine software. So I guess the problem may have occurred in extracting GuestOS and automated installation, but I'm not sure
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. This may be easy for you, but it's really difficult for me. Thank you again!

Vitaly Chipounov

Nov 1, 2023, 9:52:37 AM11/1/23
to s2e...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea, you'll have to investigate yourself. Each OS has its own way of handling unattended installs. Ubuntu has a different mechanism from Debian, even if it's derived from it. It's likely that the existing seed files you see for Debian/Ubuntu won't work.

Vitaly