Status of "Repository Conversion Ready for Vetting by Boost Developers" milestone?

47 views
Skip to first unread message

Beman Dawes

unread,
Feb 17, 2013, 8:38:46 AM2/17/13
to Ryppl Developers List
This milestone is now several days past the due date, with 5 issues still open.

Is work progressing on these issues?

Is there anything blocking completion of these issues?

What is a realistic due date to achieve this milestone?

Thanks,

--Beman

Dave Abrahams

unread,
Feb 17, 2013, 10:22:18 AM2/17/13
to rypp...@googlegroups.com

on Sun Feb 17 2013, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

> This milestone is now several days past the due date, with 5 issues
> still open.

[Please include a link to the milestone next time.
https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues?milestone=1&state=open
I presume?]

I can't speak for others, but I suspended my interaction with that
tracker pending completion of
https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/14.

> Is work progressing on these issues?

I will leave final determination to Daniel because he's the assignee, but AFAICT,

https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/6
https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/4
https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/3

can all be closed, and

https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/1

is the only one that still needs to be dealt with. There's a fair
amount of material that isn't going into any particular module.

We probably ought to consider these issues part of the path to closing
the milestone, too: https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/issues?state=open

--
Dave Abrahams

Beman Dawes

unread,
Feb 19, 2013, 12:07:01 PM2/19/13
to rypp...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Dave Abrahams <da...@boostpro.com> wrote:
>
>
> on Sun Feb 17 2013, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:
>
> > This milestone is now several days past the due date, with 5 issues
> > still open.
>
> [Please include a link to the milestone next time.
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues?milestone=1&state=open
> I presume?]

Yes. Will do next time.

>
> I can't speak for others, but I suspended my interaction with that
> tracker pending completion of
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/14.

That issue is now complete and has been closed. If it need further
clarification, feel free to reopen it with comments.

See https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/wiki/HowToUseThisTracker
and the example it points to,
https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues?milestone=2

> > Is work progressing on these issues?
>
> I will leave final determination to Daniel because he's the assignee, but AFAICT,
>
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/6
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/4
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/3
>
> can all be closed, and
>
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues/1
>
> is the only one that still needs to be dealt with. There's a fair
> amount of material that isn't going into any particular module.
>
> We probably ought to consider these issues part of the path to closing
> the milestone, too: https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/issues?state=open

Agreed. Is there a way to migrate those to
https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues ? It would be far less
confusing if we one and only one issue tracker for moving from svn to
git and modular boost.

--Beman

Dave Abrahams

unread,
Feb 19, 2013, 1:25:41 PM2/19/13
to rypp...@googlegroups.com

on Tue Feb 19 2013, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

>> We probably ought to consider these issues part of the path to closing
>> the milestone, too: https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/issues?state=open
>
> Agreed. Is there a way to migrate those to
> https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues ?

Well, they can be copied textually. The problem is that then they're no
longer associated with the sourcebase they apply to.

> It would be far less confusing if we one and only one issue tracker
> for moving from svn to git and modular boost.

Yeah

--
Dave Abrahams
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages