getting started

112 views
Skip to first unread message

Rui Pires

unread,
Mar 27, 2013, 7:34:29 PM3/27/13
to rypp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all, I have to say I was looking for a tool like this for quite a while.

I was hoping I could lend a hand, in whatever task I could tackle...
I tried following the rules in the wiki: https://github.com/ryppl/ryppl/wiki/Setting-up-a-Ryppl-test

Everything seems to be working, up until I run the ryppl tool:

It seems to spawn several git processes in parallel, and each one asks me for my github credentials.
No matter what I do, these are never accepted.

I cancelled, and tried figuring out exactly what was being executed by looking at the partial workspace directory.
In there I found some subdirectories. They seem to be the local git repos of the boost modules that were being cloned.

In ryppl_tests/workspace/src/.dependencies/typeof I did a git pull.
After successfully authenticating with my github credentials, I got this error message: 
fatal: http://github.com/boost-lib/typeof.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

If I try to open https://github.com/boost-lib/typeof in a browser I get an http 404 ...
The same happens for https://github.com/boost-lib.

Now ... am I doing something terribly wrong or are these instructions just outdated ?
Or is the quickbook project feed broken ?

Please help.

Best regards,
Rui Pires


Dave Abrahams

unread,
Mar 30, 2013, 6:41:10 PM3/30/13
to Rui Pires, rypp...@googlegroups.com

on Wed Mar 27 2013, Rui Pires <ruidpires-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I have to say I was looking for a tool like this for
> quite a while.

:-)


Hi Rui,

> I was hoping I could lend a hand, in whatever task I could tackle...

That would be most welcome!

> I tried following the rules in the
> wiki: https://github.com/ryppl/ryppl/wiki/Setting-up-a-Ryppl-test
>
> Everything seems to be working, up until I run the ryppl tool:
> ryppl develop http://ryppl.github.com/feeds/boost/quickbook-src.xml
> workspace
>
> It seems to spawn several git processes in parallel, and each one asks me
> for my github credentials.
> No matter what I do, these are never accepted.

Oh :(.

That's a side-effect of the repositories having moved without us
updating the XML feeds. Let me see if there's something I can do about
that...

> I cancelled, and tried figuring out exactly what was being executed by
> looking at the partial workspace directory.
> In there I found some subdirectories. They seem to be the local git repos
> of the boost modules that were being cloned.
>
> In ryppl_tests/workspace/src/.dependencies/typeof I did a git pull.
> After successfully authenticating with my github credentials, I got this
> error message:
> fatal:
> http://github.com/boost-lib/typeof.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack
> not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?
>
> If I try to open https://github.com/boost-lib/typeof in a browser I get an
> http 404 ...
> The same happens for https://github.com/boost-lib.
>
> Now ... am I doing something terribly wrong or are these instructions just
> outdated ?
> Or is the quickbook project feed broken ?
>
> Please help.
>
> Best regards,
> Rui Pires

I hope the above helps. I'm presently trying to generate up-to-date
feeds. Will post here when that's done. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Dave Abrahams
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages