Refusal to refund rescheduled flight cost difference

58 vues

Tyler Moseley

non lue,
13 juin 2016, 15:52:5913/06/2016
à Ryanair Customers
I recently booked flights for 5 friends and I. RyanAir changed the scheduled flight time by more than 12 hours meaning we would miss our friends wedding. I called and they agreed to change our flights 'at no cost to me'. I called and rescheduled the flights, new flights were approx £30 cheaper per flight. I mentioned this with the booking agent and he said I would need to speak to customer service to process my refund, approx £180 total.

I have emailed customer service several times only to receive standard responses saying the change is made at no cost to them and no costs to me and that I had the option to cancel them. This isn't what I was advised. I could have cancelled them and rebooked myself and gotten this money back but i wasn't told that. I've sent 5 emails and the last two have gone unanswered.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thank you

Ruth McCullough

non lue,
23 juin 2016, 03:38:3223/06/2016
à ryanair-...@googlegroups.com

Only just seen this(I don't check my Gmail very often as it's not my main email a/c). Hopefully, this will now have been resolved but in case not..... I have a nasty feeling that somewhere in all the terms & conditions there is something about that if a flight is changed by the client & the new flight is cheaper than the original, the difference isn't refunded _ could be wrong but I've got this vague memory..... Have you thought of tthreatening them with the Irish Small Claims Court ? I'd write, not email, to their Head Office in Dublin. Explain the whole thing - laying particular emphasis on the fact that it was Ryanair's schedule change that forced you to change your flight initially. Then just say that in view of their unsatisfactory response you will take the matter to the Irish Small Claims Court (Google for address etc)unless the money is returned to your account within 7 days. I did this some years ago about a refund I was due because of that ash cloud that halted flights & the money was back in my account in under 48 hours. Good luck. Ruth

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message