Diasbled Passenger given no option but to pay extra for suitable seat

tomgeor...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 2:08:37 PM8/8/17
to Ryanair Customers
All disable passenger data was entered correctly when booking the flights and I honestly thought that the seat allocation would sit my dad in a suitable seat with extra legroom...

He suffered from a stroke 3 years ago and still has 0% movement on the left side of his body.

He was allocated a window seat nowhere near the front/rear doors or the toilet and I was told for him and my mum to be allocated different seats it would be at our extra cost, despite me explaining that he would not physically be able to shuffle into one of those tiny seats given he is 6'4 and around 100kg.

After around 20 minutes of being fobbed off by the live chat 'support' I called there main line in Dublin to complain and threaten a discrimination claim against a disabled passenger....

It was explained that he had been allocated a window seat incase of an emergency row or extra legroom so he isn't blocking other passengers from escaping in an emergency, so basically leave him for dead as long as everyone else escapes....when I asked about the extra legroom seats I was told they are strictly premium seats and include priority boarding which is why they aren't allocated for disabled passengers!

Disgusting as usual from RyanAir and the exact opposite of how customers wish to be treated.

I will now honestly pay double the price for flights as long as these rude thieving scum bags don't get another penny from me.

I booked 8 friends on a flight with the same booking reference around 4 weeks ago as well, scattered us all over the plane and while checking in it says "we've noticed you aren't sitting together, would you like to pay extra and choose your seats" or right yeah you noticed I wasn't sitting with my friends, because your thieving background software is set up to do that and exploit people for every penny.

Ruth McCullough

Aug 10, 2017, 4:02:55 AM8/10/17
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com

Only just caught up on this as I don't use this email a/c regularly. Disgusted to read about your problems with Ryanair. Have you considered complaining to any Disabled Support group  or making an official complaint to , I think it's CAA - yes, here it is

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/

Our site uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience, if you choose to continue then we will assume that you are happy for your web browser to ...
Good luck & if you do pursue this, I'd be interested to hear the eventual outcome.

Regards,

Ruth

"You can judge the moral stature of a nation by the way it treats its animals."
--Mahatma Gandhi