Ryanair Extra Baggage Scam

Karen Madej

Dec 24, 2014, 9:01:45 PM12/24/14
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com
I was so disgusted with Ryanair, I set up a petition.

rein...@schu.name

Feb 19, 2016, 3:24:33 AM2/19/16
to Ryanair Customers
So let me get this straight:  You voluntarily purchased checked baggage on Ryanair's site, which is indicated to be non-refundable in the T&C.  You then changed your mind, you did not require the checked luggage service after all.  Now you would like a refund, but you now discover that the baggage charges are non-refundable. How is that a scam? YOU are the one who purchased the service completely voluntarily. You didn't read the T&Cs properly before purchasing the service, You simply assumed that it would be refundable. How is it reasonable to assume a service, once purchased, is refundable? Surely, the opposite is the default position. Once you make a contract for a service, it is binding.  If a company is willing to disregard the contract and refund your purchase, then that is an entirely voluntary act of the company, which they are free to grant or not.  In the case of Ryanair, it is well known that they do not give refunds.

You are a grown up adult, you should think about your purchasing decisions before making them. Take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming others.