Bullied on flight and ignored by cabin crew

AM

Jun 6, 2017, 1:20:31 PM6/6/17
to Ryanair Customers
On a flight from Edinburgh to Dublin last Friday, I was harassed by an obnoxious stag group. When I eventually started crying it was left to the passenger beside me to ask them to stop as the 4-person cabin crew completely ignored it, one of them effectively encouraging the group.

I've been on many flights with stag/hen parties and have never encountered this level of disruption. They shouted and swore constantly, in the presence of small children. The man behind me violently kicked my seat, leaning forward to say "Keep forgetting there's someone there!" several times. When I eventually turned around and asked him to stop, one of the cabin crew came over and asked if I was okay. I said he keeps kicking my seat and she turned to him and said "Ah he doesn't mean it do you?" Her total lack of reprimand encouraged him and he spent much of the rest of the flight shouting at me saying things like "I can't be AGGRESSIVE to the girl in front. Hey everyone I'm being AGGRESSIVE.', asking (no one in particular, just the plane) if he could move away from me. When I eventually started crying, the man beside me turned around and told him to stop. It helped a bit, but he did refer to 'making the girl in front cry' for most of the rest of the journey. The 3 from the group behind and across from me could see I was crying, and the stag group consistently told the whole plane, so there was no way the cabin crew didn't know how upset I was.

Of the four cabin crew, 2 men and 2 women, 3 totally ignored the situation. One woman (the one who asked if I was ok, though now I have no idea why and feel like she just asked as an excuse to chat more to the stag group) flirted and joked with the stag group throughout the flight.

When we landed she announced on the intercom that she hoped the stag had a good trip to Dublin. When we were disembarking, I was behind them. One apologised to her for the disruption and she said, in front of me, "not at all lads I had great craic with ye". It was definitely not only my flight that was made miserable. I imagine in the man in the row beside me with his young son did not have much fun either, though as far as I could tell I was the only one actually singled out.

The level of unprofessionalism of the cabin crew was unbelievable. I complained through Ryanair's complaints channel on their website (with a shorter version of the above) and got a reply that was just an outline of their disruptive customer policy. It was clear my email hadn't even been read. The gist was "If there is a disruption the cabin crew will always deal with it". I emailed again a day ago and as of yet have had no reply. I tried their online chat and was referred to the complaint form I'd filled in twice.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? There doesn't seem to be any information on cabin crew, just on the usual delayed flights, refunds etc. Appreciate any advice.

farci

Jun 7, 2017, 2:20:47 AM6/7/17
to Ryanair Customers
Do you have the name and address of the man who tried to help or other independent confirmation of your experience? Without that I feel you will struggle to get Ryanair to take your complaint seriously. I don't know if there is a video record the airline keeps of each flight that would support you. You may wish to pose this question in the Ryanair section of flyertalk.com which is read by frequent flyers including cabin crew. Good luck

tul...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2017, 2:20:49 AM6/7/17
to Ryanair Customers
Try taking it to Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryanair/with_replies perhaps even CC-ing various media outlets.

In this day and age, the corporations only respond to bad publicity.

AM

Jun 7, 2017, 4:53:57 PM6/7/17
to Ryanair Customers
This was my first thought but wanted to give them a chance. I'll go to Twitter today. All the complaints I see on Twitter, Ryanair seem to just respond telling them to make an official complaint but worth a try.

AM

Jun 7, 2017, 4:53:57 PM6/7/17
to Ryanair Customers
Okay I'll do that! I don't have his name and address, but I did consider asking Ryanair to contact him (obviously know his seat number) if they responded. Thank you for your help.

EDWARD MILNE

Jun 7, 2017, 4:54:00 PM6/7/17
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com
Really sorry to hear this women ordeal

ciao...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2018, 4:43:41 PM3/12/18
to Ryanair Customers
I have always regarded Ryanair cabin staff with great suspicion. Many of them can't even speak comprehensible English. I wouldn't like to be in an emergency with such people.