has anyone had problems with online checkin

lozw...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2015, 3:57:04 PM4/27/15
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com
hi could not check in online would not accept date of birth of my children think Ryanair changed web site to include teenagers and created problem got charged 70 euros at airport to check myself as could not print my boarding pass of have tried to get refund but Ryanair are having nothing to do with situation any suggestions

jdsk...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 4:00:46 PM4/28/15
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com
Can't really suggest anyhting that you probably won't have tried or thought of already, but if you paid the fee with a credit card, I would suggest contacting them and asking for a chargeback and explain the circumstances..

Laurie Jones

Apr 28, 2015, 4:13:32 PM4/28/15
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com

Otherwise European court has been the most successful by far – small claims court.

John Sheard

Apr 28, 2015, 5:06:36 PM4/28/15
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com
could not print my boarding pass of have tried to get refund but Ryanair are having nothing to do with situation any suggestions

I suggest you avoid flying with Ryanair whenever possible if the cost difference is marginal.
Their customer service does not seem to have improved and they seem to avoid any contact which may involve actually refunding money or even discussing the possibility.
I still fly with Ryanair when I have to, but happily pay a little more when I have a choice.

Ruth McCullough

Apr 28, 2015, 5:42:50 PM4/28/15
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com
I was going to suggest the Small Claims Court in Dublin. Think it costs about £15 to bring a case. I had trouble getting a refund after the volcano dust problem a couple of years ago. I wrote to them at their head office address & said that unless I received the refund within 7 days I would take them to the Small Claims Court. I received an email saying that I would receive the money within 5 days. Two days later it was back on the card I'd paid for the flight with.

Sad that we always have to play hard ball with them - but until they improve their Customer Care that's the way it will be. Good luck!

Regards,

Ruth

"You can judge the moral stature of a nation by the way it treats its animals."
--Mahatma Gandhi

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 21:29:59 +0100

Subject: Re: has anyone had problems with online checkin

Maxime

Sep 6, 2015, 3:31:09 AM9/6/15
to Ryanair Customers
Hi Lawrence, I had the exact same problem about 3 days ago, I just stumbled upon your question and was wondering if you managed to get anything back from Ryanair?

I couldn't check in the day before my flight because Ryanair's website wasn't finding my infos and was charged 90€ to print 2 boarding passes at the airport.
Their customer service is so bad I can't reach anyone competent. They are apparently making everything to discourage you to even ask for a refund.

If you managed to get a refund, mind sharing you process?
If not, and you have decided (were forced?) to give up, I might try to get a few people who encountered the same problem together to maybe have some more weight (the airport crew told me I was about the 20th customer with that issue that same morning...). Let me know if you'd be interested.

Ruth McCullough

Sep 8, 2015, 3:56:57 AM9/8/15
to ryanair-...@googlegroups.com

No I haven't as I'm not currently booking/flying. However, re looking for refunds - I was due a refund a couple of years ago & they were hanging about  so I got onto their head office in Dublin, asked for an email to contact them & sent a message saying that unless I received a refund within 7 days I would take them to the Small Claims Court in Dublin for the amount due plus damages. As I remember it, the money was back on my credit card by the following day.