Declining compensation in travel credits?

tul...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2016, 3:21:13 PM2/12/16
to Ryanair Customers
Hi,

I hope someone here will have some ideas. We had to cancel our Ryanair flight due to illness. We have travel insurance, purchased independently. They asked us to first ask Ryanair for a refund and forward the answer. Only then will they process the insurance claim. So I submitted an online refund request to Ryanair and got an answer almost immediately - they are refunding the entire cost of the flight, but in Travel Credits. I won't be able to use these credits (plus they're cumbersome to use - can only use them when booking by phone) and would much prefer to get cash from my insurance company. What to do? Can I ask Ryanair for money back instead of travel credits? Did anyone have a refund request declined by Ryanair?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!