Re: [RW-Website-Help] Abridged summary of rw-website-help@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 1 topic

Rosemary Miller

Oct 12, 2023, 7:24:18 PM10/12/23
to rw-webs...@googlegroups.com
Hello:  It has been many years since I worked on my documents. I am talking about doing these pages over 20 years ago. Now I would just like to delete them.
I don’t remember how to use FileZilla, or even where to start.
Can you delete it for me?
I would try to supply any information you would need. I have two Websites.

Rosemary Miller

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 7:48 PM <rw-webs...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
<beth.dj...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 02:01AM -0400

I agree that it's too bad Ancestry is doing this. I would have been willing to pay a reasonable monthly or yearly fee to keep it where it is; don't know why Ancestry didn't at least try that before ...more
St Joseph Island Historical Society <sji...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 08:18AM -0400

Good morning all. Does anyone have a recommendation on a site that is a
reasonable cost. We are a very small group, almost entirely funded by our
own aging group. Also with limited computer ...more
Ruth Mather <ru...@matherclan.com>: Oct 11 08:36AM -0400

https://www.simplyhosting.net hosts a lot of genealogy sites and are
very good to help with any problems.

On 10/11/2023 8:18 AM, St Joseph Island Historical Society wrote:
...more
Charlie Towne <ceto...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 12:59PM -0400

St Joseph Island Historical Society wrote:

> Good morning all. Does anyone have a recommendation on a site that is a
> reasonable cost. We are a very small group, almost entirely funded by ...more
Timothy Stowell <tim...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 01:10PM -0400

In the category of space for one's website if your site in some form,
fashion or has a connection to New York State or some portion of the state
and you need a free place to host it, please contact ...more
St Joseph Island Historical Society <sji...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 02:02PM -0400

Thanks

...more
Heather Waddingham <hwaddi...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 09:14PM

Mine is staying in Rootsweb. I have not updated it in years. But the info is still available and still FREE. Finances do not allow me to move it all to a paid location. I developed a Facebook page ...more
Del/Kathy Sperling <pen...@gmail.com>: Oct 11 04:54PM -0500

I am planning on leaving my site up but was hoping to do some
updates first.  Thanks for the reminder! I have not been able to
connect/update with FileZilla.

    I will try CuteFtp.
...more

Timothy Stowell

Oct 13, 2023, 8:10:06 AM10/13/23
to rw-webs...@googlegroups.com
The first thing you would need to do is write the Help Desk asking for a new password as passwords were changed a few years ago due to a oops by Ancestry.

Once you get that, anyone with the information can wipe out your site for you.  You might be able to ask Rootsweb to do it for you but whether they will or not at this point I don't know.

Tim Stowell