A simple problem with a complex solution!

Barry Carlson

Sep 17, 2023, 4:39:23 PM9/17/23
to rw-webs...@googlegroups.com

Recently, while doing some genealogy research, I came across an 1881 Census of England and Wales file in FamilySearch -

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27N-RCG5?cid=fs_copy

- you will need to Login; which led me to a family I was looking for. What I read there didn't make much sense, so I reconstructed the enumerator's work to figure out what should have been the result. The initial link to Comparing Images is at:-

https://ngamotu.nz/misc/comparing-images.html

In all honesty, what I did wasn't necessary, but it gave me the opportunity to refresh some of the HTML/CSS skills that I have let languish in the Covid era. If anyone would like the code for the reconstructed 1881 Census of England and Wales - RG6, it's there for the taking, i.e. it's to be found in either of the two HTML files used in:-

https://ngamotu.nz/misc/comparing-pages.html

Barry Carlson

Ruth Mather

Sep 17, 2023, 6:29:07 PM9/17/23
to rw-webs...@googlegroups.com, Barry Carlson
Thank you!  That is a really cool piece of CSS!  Census takers do occasionally get the information wrong.
--
Website FAQs: https://sites.rootsweb.com/~gearyfamily/rootsweb-hosted-web-sites.html
FTP FAQs: https://sites.rootsweb.com/~gearyfamily/publishing-your-sites.html

Valerie lirakis

Sep 19, 2023, 10:48:26 AM9/19/23
to rw-webs...@googlegroups.com, Barry Carlson
Ingenious, Barry!  Trying to think of a practical use for this - perhaps making the use of radio buttons redundant?