Motion for July6th RVHPA general mtg.

Rick Ray

Jun 29, 2022, 10:40:04 AM6/29/22
to rv...@googlegroups.com, RVHPA Board, Tonia Fox

I make a motion to not have an Applegate Open in 2023, but to instead hold a club-centric placeholder event during that same timeframe and to use the year off to reorganize and restructure the AO for 2024.

Here are some of my reasons for this motion:
-RVHPA has limited oversight of the AO as currently structured, similar to the evolution of the event when it was run as the Rat Race
-the size and complexity of the AO, Open,Sprint, Super Clinic, contributes to safety concerns with crowded launch windows and large gaggles of pilots of different abilities
-Conflicts between the organizers of the AO and Longsword have risked the loss of pilot access to this LZ, which is critical for safe XC flying to the north and west of launch.
- Pilot attendance at the AO has declined in direct competition with the Chelan Open, especially now that the events have overlapping dates
-The AO has only contributed modestly to RVHPA finances under its current structure.

I urge all members to attend the July 6th general mtg, either in person or on Zoom to talk through these issues and to vote our future.

Rick Ray

Kelly

Jul 5, 2022, 3:46:35 PM7/5/22
to RVHPA
I will second this motion. I have put my reasons in an individual email that went out to the local member email list. Please check your email and spam folder. :)

Kelly

~.~

Jul 6, 2022, 11:26:57 AM7/6/22
to RVHPA List
Zoom link for tonight’s meeting?

~.~

Jul 6, 2022, 11:29:21 AM7/6/22
to RVHPA List

Club meeting this Wednesday!

Time: Jul 6, 2022 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://sou.zoom.us/j/89280844556

Meeting ID: 892 8084 4556