Ashland mob

Pepper Trail

Sep 2, 2021, 7:13:58 PM9/2/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
On a smoky walk along the TID Ditch near Park Street in Ashland, I came upon a nice bird mob furiously scolding ... something.  Despite much scanning, I couldn't find the source of the outrage.  Since this is outside the nesting season, I would expect it to be an avian predator, most likely a pygmy-owl, rather than, say, a cat.  But I could find neither.  Anyway, the flock included:  Steller's and California Scrub-Jay, Black-capped Chickadee, White-breasted Nuthatch, Dark-eyed Junco, Lesser Goldfinch, and - the real treat - a Black-throated Gray Warbler.