Screecher on the move...

Karl Schneck

Nov 26, 2021, 11:47:34 AM11/26/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
Five days ago I got a picture of the WESO sleeping in the BAOW nest box. This morning the first thing I see looking out the kitchen window is a "blob" in the kestrel nest box entrance... actually, the box was built to accomodate the WESO but it became an AMKE nest box. First thought was a flicker since they frequently roost in the box. But to be sure I walked outside for a better look and when I realized it was an owl I was excited. This was the first time I had a WESO roosting in the box (that I knew of). Photo at:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/136435824@N03/51706946194/in/dateposted/