Ash Wednesday (8_Sep_21) fallout at NMP

frank lospalluto

Sep 8, 2021, 3:22:47 PM9/8/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
This morning I did the North Mountain.Park transect of the Bear Creek Community Bird Survey cycle. The Riverwalk section on the downstream side of N. Mountain Ave. was filled with warbler activity. I saw and heard Common Yellowthroats, Yellow Warblers, Orange-crowned Warblers, a Black-throated Gray Warbler, a Wilson's Warbler and a Hermit Warbler. Numerous Anna's Hummingbirds on that side as well as a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher and a couple of Western Tanagers. Our transect only covers the path along Bear Creek  so who knows what I missed on the other side of those willows there.

Other birds included a Sooty Fox Sparrow and three White-crowned Sparrow as the guard is changing.

ash to ash dust to dust.

good birding,
frank