Red-breasted Merganser

frank lospalluto

Jan 11, 2021, 8:56:05 PM1/11/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
This afternoon while checking on my flagging for the BCCBS bird monitoring  project (see the RVAS website) along the greenway in Ashland I was very surprised to see a female-type RED-BREASTED MERGANSER floating down Bear Creek with 3 Common Mergansers.
This was just downstream of the new building being constructed at the farm field edge on the west side of the creek where across the field you can see a red barn .  This is not far from where Butler Creek Rd. enters Eagle Mill Rd.
Of course the birds were floating swiftly downstream.....
Sorry no photos.

frank