White-throated Sparrow provides some excitement on a quiet day

Pepper Trail

Oct 1, 2022, 6:42:30 PM10/1/22
to Rogue Valley Birds
I did an afternoon walk through Oredson-Todd Woods in Ashland today. It was hot, dry, and almost devoid of bird life, but down near the creek a small bird quietly flushed from the edge of one of the few remaining pools.  I expected it to be a Hermit Thrush, but upon getting it in my binoculars, I saw it was a White-throated Sparrow.  Not sure I've ever seen one so early in the fall here.  A poor but recognizable picture shot through the underbrush is attached.

Pepper
IMG_2334.JPG