Fwd: [obol] Northern Parula, Ashland

Jeffrey Tufts

May 26, 2023, 2:38:49 PM5/26/23
to Rv Birds

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ryan Terrill <ornitho...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 26, 2023 at 11:36 AM
Subject: [obol] Northern Parula, Ashland
To: <ob...@freelists.org>

All-

While walking our dog this morning, my wife and I had a NORTHERN PARULA singing at Riverwalk park in Ashland, Jackson county. Here's the ebird list with coordinates and documentation: https://ebird.org/checklist/S139327881. According to ebird, this may be the first county record, but I don't know if there may be a previous record that's not on ebird. Anyway, the bird was singing up a storm, and was very cooperative.

Since this is my first post here, I wanted to introduce myself. I just moved to Oregon from Turlock (in the mid-central valley), CA; previously Los Angeles, before that Louisiana, before that Santa Cruz, CA. I will be starting at Klamath Bird Observatory on June 1st as Science Director, so I'm really looking forward to birding around the state and getting to know it.  I need to update it, but my personal website is linked below.  Looking forward to meeting you all and birding around Oregon!

Ryan

Ryan S. Terrill

Jeffrey Tufts

May 26, 2023, 2:44:01 PM5/26/23
to Rogue Valley Birds
Here's a report from Ryan Terrill who recently moved to this area and begins work at KBO next week.  Thanks to Ryan for spotting this bird, and yes it is a first record for Jackson County.