PHAINOPEPLA at denman

Tim A Johnston

May 24, 2021, 3:37:53 AM5/24/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
It's been a couple of years since my last posting. I've finally found a good enough bird to post (boast) about. Sunday about noon I was at the ave. G ponds with my friend Mary when we decided to explore the fields north of the ponds. We were sitting on the rest bench when I noticed the PHAINOPEPLA in an old Oak tree that has a lot of mistletoe. We watched it hawking insects and eventually saw it preening. We watched it for about a half-hour, (until yours truly had to get his covid shot). To get there, go to the ave. G ponds walk north past the ponds until you reach a bench, sit down and watch the trees.  I wasn't birding-by-bike today, so it won't be on my motorless list, bummer. I'll need to rectify that. P.S.- I've already submitted a report to the OBRC, so please don't nag me to do so :)                                                    see you in the field,  Tim.IMG_2859.JPG