Cornell's Merlin Sound ID

Karl Schneck

Jul 27, 2021, 10:49:14 PM7/27/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
Wow, I'm impressed. I thought my birding days would be over before something like this came along. I'm pretty weak on getting bird IDs with my ears because I don't know that many and I can't even hear some of them. I've been reading about the app on OBOL and thought I'd give it a try. Acorn Woodpecker, Barn Swallow (I couldn't hear it but they were flying around), WB Nuthatch, Calif. Scrub Jay, and others were all spot on. I'm not so sure about the Canyon Wren, but I'll forgive Cornell since they have improved the program so much... and think about the future as it gets better and better. Give it a try!