Dear Super Birders

Cynthia Dettman

May 24, 2021, 7:38:05 PM5/24/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
I'm new to the area and an eager amateur.  I want to bird in the Jackson Woodlands area with a small group (early in the morning) on Monday June 14.  Any suggestions on which trails might be the best to explore?  I'm thinking a fairly easy trail and perhaps a 1-2 mile loop.  Trying to avoid the weekend but I know it may be a bit late in the spring and migration season....  would appreciate your seasoned suggestions!  Cynthia

Kristi Mergenthaler

May 25, 2021, 1:59:57 PM5/25/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
The trails behind Britt and the Zigler Trail along Jackson Creek can be turned into a loop. Check out the Jacksonville Woodland Associations trail maps if you hav enot already. Another choice is the Beekman Woods loop that has mixed evergreen forest and some oak woodland and small patches of manzanita on the ridge. Welcome Cynthia!

Kristi